Sunday, August 14, 2011

Patiently Waiting Jane

Dear Jane,
Oh how excited I have been to start our journey together.  Even the preliminary “practice” blocks I have done get me swooning.  However, Jane, I will have to delay a bit more as I have over-extended myself once again.  Either that or I am just lazy.  (I am more inclined to believe the lazy part!)

I still have 20 blocks for my Michael Miller BOM (yes, I am behind) & 6 paper-pieced stars for my chain gang & 2 new blocks for the Nifty Nine Patch.  The project I am working on at work is stressing me out & occupying my brain outside of work hours. And I still haven’t finished the great sewing room migration.  My new bedroom works very well, but the sewing room looks like a tornado hit! This is in addition to normal everyday things like grocery shopping, laundry & dishes.

One piece of good news, Jane!  I no longer have all of my Saturdays full!  I only have clubs on the first & third Saturdays of the month, so next month looks really good!  Also, a good friend came over & installed my garbage disposal this week, so I am a happy camper!

I did spend some time with Dear Jane-EQ last week, so I am still familiarizing myself with that.  It’s a pretty cool program, but I wish it had all the functionality of the regular EQ programs.  I can’t edit the blocks except to change the colors.  I would like to change the rotary cutting instructions to use fewer pieces, but it won’t let me do it.

If I can get my butt in gear today & wake up, I am sure I can whip out those 20 blocks.  I think the stars will take considerably longer since I am no pro at paper-piecing, so I might leave them for next weekend.  We’ll see.  Oh, but first I have to make peanut butter banana bread for work tomorrow.  One more distraction!

I really want to get going so I will leave you here.  Dear, dear Jane.  I so look forward to seeing you again!

Piece out!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment